Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Day 9: A Seafood Cajun Seasoning And A Garlic Butter

Tonight we actually had Spaghetti, Garlic Bread and a Side Salad. However, my spaghetti sauce is one of those "If I tell you the recipe, I must kill you" recipes. So, instead I'm going to post my Seafood Cajun Seasoning. I made some AWESOME Tilapia Sandwiches one time using this seasoning. I am also posting the simple and basic recipe for Garlic Butter that I use to make Garlic bread. Believe, it or not I make my garlic bread using ONLY A TOASTER and no one believes me!

Seafood Cajun Seasoning


1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 tablespoon kosher salt
2 teaspoons paprika
1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
2 teaspoons granulated garlic
1 teaspoon onion powder
1 teaspoon gumbo file
1 teaspoon crab boil seasoning, optional (recommended: Old Bay) if using cut salt to 1/2 tablespoon


Directions:
In a medium bowl, combine cayenne pepper, kosher salt, paprika, black pepper, garlic, onion powder, gumbo file and crab boil seasoning.


Quick Garlic Toast

Ingredients:
*4 Tbsp Butter (Squeezable works best)
*2 Tsp Garlic Salt
*Bread (as many pieces as you need. I usually make 8 - 16 slices at a time)


Directions:
1) In a bowl mix butter and garlic salt together. (Garlic salt amounts can be altered to your tasting).
2) Toast bread. Spread butter mixture on toast AS SOON AS ITS DONE.

No comments:

Post a Comment