Monday, September 27, 2010

Day 14: Tony Chachere's Dirty Rice

I usually make Dirty Rice from scratch. But, every now and then I need something quick and easy, requiring little work and that I know my family will eat. So, when I am not in the mood to cut and chop and oversee, I turn to a box mix. I usually buy Zatarain's for this and add  ground beef, ground andouille sausage and extra Cajun seasoning. But, one day I found the Tony Chachere's brand of Dirty Rice on sale for $1/box at Dollar General. I immediately bought all they had.

Photobucket

Tonight was one of those "Mama's tired and doesn't feel like cooking a large made from scratch meal" nights. So, I pulled out those boxes and decided to give it a try. I honestly liked it just as much as the Zatarain's. I usually spice it up extra on my own anyway. Of course, nothing compares to the real deal, but this boxed mix is just as good for a quick meal or a side. I would definitely purchase it again. I do check every time I go into the Dollar General but I haven't seen anymore since.

Photobucket
When I make Dirty Rice as a main dish, I always add extra meat to it. This particular night, I served it with green beans and carrots (for the kids).

Check back for my recipe for home made Dirty Rice. It should be listed soon.

**I received no money, product or service from any company listed. I bought this product on my own and decided to use my opinion in a blog.**

No comments:

Post a Comment