Friday, September 24, 2010

Day 11: Hamburger Stroganoff

We actually ate out to celebrate my daughter's 8th birthday tonight. She had requested a buffet but it was so late when we got moving (hubby works midnights Mon - Thurs), that we opted to splurge on Wendy's instead. So, back into my archives I had to go. I actually made this about a month ago back before I got the idea for this blog.


Hamburger Stroganoff

Ingredients:
2 lbs Lean ground beef
1 med onion, chopped
1 clove Garlic, finely chopped ( I use mined garlic)
3 cans (10 3/4 oz) condensed cream of mushroom soup
1/2 tsp Salt
1/2 tsp pepper
16 oz Sour cream

Directions:
1) Cook beef, onion and garlic in skillet over medium heat for 8-10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until beef is brown; drain off any fat.
2) Stir in soup. Simmer uncovered for 10 minutes stirring occasionally to keep soup from sticking to bottom of skillet. Stir in sour cream and cook until hot.


I serve this with egg noodles. I also doubled this to make enough for my family of 8 (well 9 but one doesn't eat table food yet).

********************************************

I can share a picture of our dessert. The store didn't have the Mint Chocolate Chip Cake that she really wanted, so Daddy picked this one out instead. The first thing she said was "Yay, it has ALL my favorite colors!" (pink, purple and baby blue)
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment