Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Steak and Cheese Sandwiches

I had a chuck roast in the freezer that I had bought on sale last week. I usually use these for roast beef and veggies. I had on my menu plan this week for steak and cheese subs, but could not find a single box of the steak-umms in this city! So, I had to improvise and I must admit that my way is SO MUCH better! It got the vote of everyone.

Photobucket
This picture does not do it justice! This was taken with my cell - phone.

Ingredients
  • Chuck Roast (I used 3 lbs for a family of 9)
  • Your choice of spices
  • 1 medium onion, diced
  • 1 green pepper, diced
  • Shredded cheese or cheese slice
  • Sub rolls or hamburger buns
Directions
  • Season the roast (I used creole seasoning and teryaki sauce. Unique and GOOD). Place in crock pot on High for 4 hours or until meat shreds apart.
  • Saute onion and green pepper in skillet. Add the shredded beef and heat.
  • Pile on rolls or buns with cheese and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment